Volunteering is a fantastic way to give back to your community.
The Space is a great place that you can connect with local young people, and assist them to grow and develop positive and successful futures. Volunteering at The Space means you are also becoming a volunteer of the YMCA of Brisbane.
After a short induction and organising a volunteers blue card, we will help find a role and a commitment level that is right for you.
For more information or to register, contact the Coordinator on 0428795951.
Some of the volunteer roles include:
- Playing or helping to organise our 3 on 3s competition
- Helping around the grounds or possibly start a herb and/or vegie garden
- Help man the café after school or on Saturdays
- Assist in organising events
- Consider becoming involved as a volunteer mentor who helps out in the YMCA special assistance school commencing in 2014.
- Art and Craft
- Spend some time facilitating an arts or recreation activity with a group of young people
- Social Work / Youth Work
- Other ideas?
– If you have another idea of how the young people in our community could benefit from your skills or talents, please let us know